With President Trump on his first foreign trip in a year, it’s been a busy few weeks for the Trump administration.
The administration has rolled out a series of new initiatives aimed at promoting American interests abroad, including a major economic plan that would create up to 6 million jobs and reduce unemployment to 6.8 percent.
And the Pentagon has begun working to make sure American forces don’t get involved in conflicts that threaten U.S. interests in the Middle East.
But the Trump White House has also been taking some unexpected steps to try to placate the military-industrial complex, including firing retired Marine Gen. James Mattis as Defense Secretary and ordering the Pentagon to spend millions of dollars on buying equipment for the military that has not been in use for years.
That comes amid an increasing backlash against the Pentagon’s actions and a push to cut spending.
On Friday, the administration announced it would spend $1.9 billion on purchasing equipment that has been used by the military for decades but was not in use at the time of the Afghanistan invasion.
That includes buying new aircraft, armor, weapons, vehicles and other equipment that was not deployed in the country during the war, the Pentagon said.
Trump said the Pentagon would also begin purchasing weapons systems to counter threats like the Chinese and Russian.
The Pentagon’s move comes after several weeks of criticism from Democrats and Republicans alike.
Some of the critics pointed to the $1 billion in equipment that the military purchased in Afghanistan as a sign of a failure to deploy and protect American forces there.
The military has already been forced to buy thousands of rounds of ammunition, tanks, armored personnel carriers, drones and other military equipment that are no longer needed in the post-9/11 era, as well as several other items.
The Trump administration has also ordered the Pentagon and the Department of Homeland Security to begin using a website to track the number of weapons and other items it has purchased.
That effort is part of the $5.5 billion Pentagon-administered plan to help pay for Trump’s “America First” agenda, which includes building up the armed forces and cutting the defense budget.
But some Democrats have complained that the administration is still not getting the full picture of what the military needs, and that the new spending plan doesn’t include enough money for the Pentagon itself.
The Defense Department will not receive the full amount of the Pentagon-managed spending plan, according to a statement from Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis.
The department’s budget will continue to be limited by sequestration, and we will continue our work with the Trump Administration to get a more comprehensive plan for our armed forces.
The plan includes more than $1 trillion in defense spending cuts, the first step in a long process to ensure the department has the resources it needs to effectively protect the homeland.
The White House announced last week that it would start working on a plan to rebuild the armed services after the 2020 election, a plan that some lawmakers have questioned.
The budget includes funding for more than 2,000 major military bases, the White House said.
The new spending proposal will also help pay down the debt incurred by the Pentagon since the Trump era, but the military has a history of borrowing against its funds.
The last time the U.N. spent more on a defense spending plan than the U, the U’s military spending grew by nearly 1.8 million percent from 2000 to 2024, according a report by the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
And in a separate report, the center estimated that the U has more than twice as much debt than the United States has, and the country’s debt has grown more than 30 times over in the past two decades.
And that means the military budget is now facing an unprecedented budget crisis.
The U.K.’s Independent newspaper reported last week on the potential for the U to become the first nation to pay off its debt with an interest rate of more than 3 percent.
The news was also met with applause from Democrats in Congress, who have long been critical of the Trump defense budget and Trump’s spending.
They also took aim at the Pentagon, saying that the White Trump administration was putting pressure on them to approve the spending plan.
“What we are seeing is the administration working to push back against what they see as their inability to control the Pentagon budget, and I think that is absolutely disgraceful,” Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.) said.
“The administration is spending more money than the country can possibly use.
They have the capability to do more, but they don’t want to.
They want to make us pay more.
And we’re not willing to pay more.”
But Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, in his budget outline, also defended his administration’s actions.
“I am committed to working to build a stronger defense,” Mattis wrote.
“This includes strengthening our ability to respond to emerging threats to our nation and our allies, while also ensuring that we can maintain our military posture and protect our country and our way of life.”